Customer Success in 2021

• Customer Success in 2021

• Jason Whitehead

Organizer
    January 11, 2021 at 3:15 pm

With so much change, disruption, and uncertainty right now, what do you see as the biggest challenge for customer success in 2021? What new skills, tools, processes, or techniques do you think will be most important this year?

• Kathleen Fava

January 11, 2021 at 4:16 pm

I’m not sure about new tools etc…, but there I two things I think will be especially important: Flexibility and communication.

With so much disruption, customers are going to make changes quickly. You have to offer a product that can be fast and flexible to meet their needs. CSMs need to be able to offer options in these situations. So the second important thing is stress the importance, and make sure you have the tools in place for communication. Maybe you need to add a second shift in Support and a CSM to handle evening issues.

Proactively reach out to customers with specific questions about what they anticipate needing from you. Most of all, listen to them. They’ll tell you what they need. Then you’ll know what you need, or at least have a direction.

• Jason Whitehead

Organizer
      January 12, 2021 at 9:39 am

I agree, @kathy – flexibility is key. I think 2021 is going to bring a lot of continued disruption and CS professionals and programs will need to adapt several times this year. In the short-term, I anticipate continued challenges as organizations struggle financially and may need to make further cuts.

Hopefully, later in 2021, things will get better and organizations will once again need to adapt as more businesses begin opening back up, some offices re-open, and companies try to figure out new hybrid work models. This is going to require additional changes from CS teams.

• Jason Noble

January 12, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Such a great question. I think it’s going to be another year of big changes, and the biggest challenge is going to be – still – staying aligned to how we deliver value to our customers who’s circumstances are changing so rapidly. It’s a tough one, and is going require us to get close to our customers but not over burden them, and to ensure we know how best we can help them and how our services and solutions can provide the value they need.

• Sue Nabeth Moore

Organizer
      January 17, 2021 at 1:25 pm

I agree @jnoble100 . We’ll need to strike up the right balance of knowing how to pivot to help clients but also knowing how not to be too intrusive.

• Sue Nabeth Moore

Organizer
    January 17, 2021 at 1:41 pm

I think this is a very important topic in our current context. Pursuant to the health crisis, the financial crisis will become the focus of companies trying to survive and thrive. Customer success will play an even greater role to help customers overcome the financial crisis. For that, more pertinent and actionable data around performance will be key. It will be necessary for customer success to become even more data-driven than ever before and rely on CS tools, intelligence, and AI to collect, analyze and action pertinent data and dashboards.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now